Who we are
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
What’s the role?
Reporting to the Senior Talent Manager, you will provide an efficient and effective recruitment service by ensuring all hiring needs are managed in line with agreed processes and procedure.
You will be working closely with Hiring Managers to source and identify high calibre talent for River Island, whilst managing the end to end recruitment process in growing, fast paced fashion environment. You will own your domain area and have the opportunity to be creative and innovative.
- Recruiting for a variety of roles across the business from entry to senior level positions across all function areas, including Product, Digital/Ecommerce and Finance
- Managing the end to end recruitment process, including writing and reviewing job descriptions, selecting the most effective attraction method, advertising roles, screening, conducting interviews, offer management and feedback management, whilst ensuring a positive candidate journey is always maintained
- Drive the build of talent pools
- Support with internal recruitment including developing and managing assessment centres
- Building strong relationships within the HR team and key stakeholders across the business at all levels.
- Strong emphasis on direct sourcing methods and Talent Branding
- Be an active participant in building a strong employer brand, integrating social media with other tools
- Maintain recruitment trackers and ATS in accordance with the requirements set by the senior management
- Produce management information, reporting key recruitment statistics
- Be involved and in certain instances own projects which enhance the internal and external HR experience
- Continuously look at new and innovative ways to improve the recruitment processes to meet growing business demands
- Attend networking/career events and represent RI as a Talent Brand Ambassador
- Work as part of a wider HR team to deliver the best recruitment experience for RI and our candidates
- Assist in a wide range of exciting HR projects
Skills and experience you will need:
- Experience recruiting for similar roles within a retail environment. Candidates from within an agency or in-house environment will be considered. Experience recruiting digital or finance roles from entry to senior level positions would be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of recruiting within a fast paced and commercial environment, dealing with high volume recruitment needs
- Up to date with changing trends in the job market
- Proven success in using direct sourcing methods to minimise agency usage
- Experience using Social media tools in a Recruitment context – e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and able to juggle multiple demands
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload effectively
- Thrives in a fast paced environment, flexible, adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Self Starter, ability to solve problems and think creatively
- Experience in talent pooling and networking
- Strong team player and collaborative approach – happy to ‘get stuck in’ as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong experience of MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Be highly accountable and manage expectations
- Enthusiasm to embrace change and develop