Merchandising Admin Assistant
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
We are looking for Merchandise Admin Assistant to join our Merchandising team where you will complete and maintain department administrative tasks, including deliveries and intake into the DC, product maintenance and reporting.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Take part in weekly delivery schedule meetings with team to review intake
- Ensure accuracy of delivery schedule and stock segregation split
- Ensure ongoing communication of changes to intake plan
- Management of stock including RTV’s and external processors
- Liaising with Shipping, suppliers and processors to ensure intake is on time
- To have knowledge of department trade priorities and best sellers
- Accurately create product numbers and attributes and maintain any changes
- Create and amend as necessary ratios in line with sales performance, channel requirement and sizing strategy, with guidance from Assistant Merchandiser
- Run reports and distribute DPA/Monday pack
- Review and respond to ad hoc channel stock queries
- Liaise with Assistant Merchandiser to discuss Wholesale rebuys to action from DC stock
- Input agreed MD and price changes to events, with guidance from Assistant Merchandiser
- Input and update launch options.
- Check that deliveries are on time and chase supplier
- Maintain the delivery schedule
- Maintain accurate delivery/price activity information
- Complete the weekly warehouse priorities list
- Maintain the store communications summaries, including link lines, dual display, recall lists
- Follow company process to action external processing and RTVs
- Update Wholesale rebuy spreadsheet
- Improve personal development and system knowledge via available and most appropriate training methods.
- Prepare and distribute simple analysis to help with decision-making process e.g. trial/style comparisons.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- An analytical degree (any discipline)
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Previous retail experience would be advantageous
- Strong commercial awareness with an interest in fashion and retail
- Passionate about developing a career within Merchandising
- Good time management skills with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be a team player, understanding priorities and work load of other departments
- Excellent communication and networking skills at all levels
- PC literate with good knowledge of Excel
- Love the brand as much as we do!
In return, you will be rewarded with…
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Summer Fridays
- Early finish Fridays on Pay Day
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking